Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fifty Shades of....OH MY!!

    I decided to start a fun blog about the books that I read. I want to say that not all the books will be romance novels.  The book I am reading is the ever popular Fifty Shades of Grey series by E L James. My sister gave me the whole series about 6 mths ago. The girls at work had read it and they said it was good.  I was very hesitate on reading it, I am not into the whole Harlequin Romance books. I decided to see what the hype was about and started reading the first book of the series. So here goes.......

                                       Fifty Shades of Grey


  1.  First of all  this book does not  compare to a Harlequin Romance novels. Then again I have never read one.
  2.  I was hooked in the first few chapters
  3.  Their chemistry is hot, hot, hot!
  4.  Contract?  He will dictate the clothes she wears? The food she eats? Lifestyle?
  5.  Romance novel with a twist of S&M, interesting
  6.  Christian a control freak, that's an understatement.
  7.  The Elevator scene was beyond hot. I will have to rethink riding an elevator with my husband.
  8.  Vanilla sex?  Is this actually a term? I will have to Google it.
  9.  Oh how Christian is such a stalking man! scary or romantic?
  10.  Oh how Ana is so naive.
  11.  Is it an abusive relationship or "unique" relationship
  12.  I love how she calls him Fifty Shades of Grey, or just Fifty Shades.
  13.  He took her home to mom!
  14.  I love how the author includes  Ana's  inner goddess and her subconscious.    
  15. The e-mails are great.
  16.  Oh My.....hot is not the word for this book.
  17.  "laters baby" is so cute.
  18.  Last but not least, the mysterious Mrs. Robinson. I love the name Ana gave her. Yes, I think she is a child molester. 
  19.  By the middle of the book, I get the whole contract thing. Not that I would want anybody in control of me. But I do get the whole part about the sex thing. 
  20. Good for Ana to never signing the contract!
   Finally at the end, Ana comes to her senses and leaves him. I love how she really has not  submitted all the way to him. But there is two more books to the series, so I know she will go back. Oh, how he is messed up.

      We were talking at work and I came to the conclusion, if the author would of had Christian as a normal good looking guy, with a semi-normal job. He defiantly would of been looked at like a pervert, stalker, nasty guy. In my opinion, since he is a billionaire and  drop dead gorgeous some of his "habits" are overlooked.
 

              
               

No comments:

Post a Comment